Monday, December 14, 2009

Home for the Holidays.

In a week, my husband and I will be traveling to Michigan to spend the holiday with my family (we alternate every year). We will fly into Chicago on the 21st and take the train to Michigan City, IN, where my dad will pick us up. He usually picks us up from the airport, but my sister and her husband and baby are coming in that day too, and there won't be enough room in the car for all of us. We're staying until the 26th, so it should be a good time.

I am looking forward to the snow, even though people think I'm crazy for it! I love snow on Christmas. I hated it when I lived there, but when you live in parts of the country where snow is rare, you kind of miss it - and I do! I'm sure after a week of the white stuff, I'll be ready to come back to Arizona and 60+ degree weather.

I am also looking forward to being with my family! I haven't seen them since my sisters baby shower in April - and that was only for a weekend! So to be together for longer will be nice! I am also excited to meet my nephew! My sister Heather gave birth in May and that was around the time my husband was getting out of the Army, so I wasn't able to make it out there to meet Gavin. Also, my besties hubby grew up an hour away from me, so she's going to come down and see me for a day. I have missed her!

There is so much to look forward to, and just one thing that I know will drive me crazy - people asking me when my husband and I are going to have a baby. That question happens every time we go to either one of our families homes. I find the question rude and really none of anyones business. We're still in our twenties, for crying out loud. But I will do what I always do, just smile and pretend that it doesn't bother me :]

2 comments:

Kelsey

When are you going to have a baby?

I love you friend. And I'm so glad it worked out for you to go home for Christmas :]

Sarah

Hopefully you will HAVE snow! There is none in Ann Arbor but I know the West side of the state has been getting hit hard with the lake effect stuff. When I was up north last week they got EIGHTEEN INCHES in two days! I LOVE the snow, always have, always will :) Enjoy your trip "home". People ask Sean and I about babies and we JUST got engaged...I am 32 though so I'm really quite anxious too. Happy Holidays!