Friday, February 13, 2009

Weekends = Love.

I am so glad the weekend has arrived. Every Monday morning, I wake up with a feeling of dread that another week has crept up on me and that another weekend has passed so quickly. This week was a little more stressful than the previous few weeks, as I had three tests this week. On Tuesday, I had my Geology lab test, which to my delight, I got a 97% on. Wednesday I had the test for my Geology lecture class, which I received a 75% on. Normally a C wouldn't satisfy me, but when 45% of the class got D's & F's, I took my C and ran with it. Science of any sort isn't my strong area, add the fact that it was over 4 chapters, I felt like I did okay. Thursday I had my Spanish test, but I won't find out those results until Monday. I am not good at that class and it really is hard to learn another language, especially since I took the first half online. But I genuinely want to learn, so I am trying my hardest.

Last night I went to probably one of the most amazing hockey games I've ever been to. We (Nashville Predators) played the St. Louis Blues. The Blue are in last place in the Western Conference, but we're were only ahead of them by a few points. Theoretically, it should've been an easy win, but for some reason, we suck against them. During the third period, the game was 3-2, STL. As the period wound down, I was becoming more and more certain that this would be yet another loss to the Blues, but some miracle must've happened, because with 3 seconds remaing, we scored to tie the game. That of course meant overtime, which isn't terrible, because we atleast get one point, either way. After playing for 5 minutes, the game was still tied and it went into a shootout. I was a little nervous, but to my amazement, we scored and ended up with the win. It was a great game & a great ego boost for the Preds!

Anyway, the weekend is here and I am rather excited to sleep in tomorrow (fyi: sleeping in now means sleeping till 10am, it used to mean noon, haha). One of the hubby's best friends is getting out of the Army and this is his last weekend here, so we're heading over to his house tonight to cook steaks on the grill & have a few drinks. I plan on buying some Mike Hard Pomengrate Lemonade to bring. I love thos things, best bottled girly drinks ever :] Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, but with it being a payday and a holiday, we don't intend to go out, we'll probably save it for another day when the urge to punch someone in the face won't come over me. I did however receieve pretty flowers today, which all three of my cats have attempted to eat for the 4 hours that they've been in my home.

This may have been my longest blog on here, I'm proud. I know my blogs aren't as insightful or creative as BFF's, but they're good for the people the matter. As for now, I'm off to fold some laundry (most dreaded chore, next to dusting), and wait for the hubby to get home from PetSmart. Hopefully I'll blog sometime this week.

3 comments:

Ashley

Glad your Preds won it for you :)
Hope you have a good time tomorrow!

Ashley

I have a little love on my blog to you!

Kelsey

That game was pretty much amazing. Would have loved to be up there with you, but I'm glad you still had fun. I'll miss you tonight.
See you Monday :)