Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring!

I love Spring and here in Arizona, Spring is only a month long before it's so hot you regret buying a black car. This Spring will be mine & my husbands first Spring as homeowners! Which I guess only sounds exciting in writing. In actuality, it means a lot of work! So far, we've pulled all the weeds and picked up all the leaves - and that alone makes my yard look a million times better! Weeds aren't normally a big deal, but since we have gravel instead of grass, they're way more noticeable, therefore I think the whole neighborhood looks at our yard with disgust (even though I know it's my next door neighbors yard that is truly the worst!).

Among the weed pulling & leaf pick-up, our trees have all started to blossom! Our two unidentified trees now have leaves again. Our peach tree has the prettiest pink flowers (I didn't even know peach trees had flowers before peaches), and our purple flowering trees look and smell amazing (too bad the bumble bees are always around them, freaking me out). To go with all our nice landscaping, we have to put new flowers in our flower box, hang our hanging tomato plant, and put a new plant in one of our pots - I'm waiting until May though, when I'm sure the threat of freeze is over.

Then of course, there is Spring Cleaning! The only area that we have to do is the garage since I keep my house pretty clean. We still have all our moving boxes, which we're giving to some friends who are moving in May, and giving them back their washer/dryer that we were storing. So that will clear up some space. I'm really excited. I love cleaning and organizing. It calms me :]

Hope everyone has a happy Spring!

2 comments:

Sarah

I am on my way with my flower planting, although I assume it's quite different in Michigan :) It is our first SPring as home owners too and the previous owners planted some perennials so I'm curious to find out exactly what they are! I think they are day lilies and daisies :) I have pulled grass up in one area for another small flower patch and have a pretty big area in the front to pull up. I hope to have many different perennial plants and will plant a few planters with annuals this year :) Happy time!

Ashley

I can definitely relate to trying to enjoy Spring while it's here, because once the humidity and heat set in, they really set in. I'm planning to get my windows tinted here soon. That should keep the car a tad warmer. Maybe the same with your car, since it's black and all? You should take and post pictures of the work you've done! Also, I'm tempted to get some flowers in the flower pots I have, but we keep having bursts of cold weather too.

&&Hello Spring cleaning! You'd be so proud of the house that I keep nowadays. Not the same dirty dishes in the sink anymore :) Ha ha. That's how I know you're a true friend. You always looked past my clutter!