Friday, September 19, 2008

Blast From the Past.

So on facebook, I'm in the Austin Peay network obviously, but I decided to join the United States Army network, since I am a veteran. Anyway, I filled out the info and they sent the confirmation e-mail to my ako (army email) account, and voila, I am now a part of that network. You're probably wondering why the hell I am telling you this, well I actually have a point.
I hadn't logged into my ako account in a very long time, so I had forgotten what I even had in there. I guess I had saved almost every email ever received to that account, going back to 2002 when I first opened it. Anyway, it was so funny reading all these old emails. Most of them were from when I was 18 or 19 -- and boy did I really sound like an 18 year old in these e-mails!
I read ones I had sent while I was in Iraq....to my boyfriend. Yes, when I deployed, I had a boyfriend who was in the Air Force and stationed in England. I actually met him while I was in AIT. We started dating about a month before I deployed & tried to keep it together. But alone with our own struggles, I was starting to fall for someone else, someone who I ended up marrying :) I broke up with Michael because of the distance, but somehow, he knew I loved Jenry. He knew I loved Jenry before I knew I loved Jenry. It was just interesting to read back on these emails and remember the struggle I was having between being faithful and following my heart. Ultimately, my heart won out.
Another intersting tidbit? Jenry first told me he loved me on May 26, 2003. I remember him saying it, but I never could've told you the date. Maybe I'm stupid, but I loved going back and reading stuff from my past & realizing how much growing up I've done!

0 comments: