Monday, September 29, 2008

But He's Not Black.

If you didn't know, I am an in an interracial relationship. I am Caucasian and my husband is Hispanic (Dominican). I've been told by people that we're not really an interracial couple because he's not black. While I am glad that line of race is beginning to blur in this country, it bothers me that people don't think my husband and I face the same difficulties as other interracial couples. We get stared at in public too. Our children will be bi-racial too, having to learn my American culture and his Spanish culture, and probably be bi-lingual too since the majority of my husbands family doesn't speak english. They will struggle with trying to fit in with both races. They will never be looked at as white. They will never be 'hispanic enough' to fit in with that culture.

So yes, he's not black. But he's not white either.

1 comments:

Unknown

I came across an online community for individual seeking interracial love. It is ++++((((---Blackwhitemeet. C O M))))++++ All singles there are seeking interracial relationships. Interracial is not a problem here, but a great merit to cherish!