Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Definitely, Maybe.

The hubby and I have been in Arizona now for a little over a month, and while we're enjoying staying with friends, we're getting a little anxious to find a place of our own, mainly for the sake of of poor cat Mitters who is terrified of their dog. Every morning, my husband wakes up, searches for jobs, applies for jobs, and waits to hear back from people. Right now, we have a few options. The first one is a generator job in Phoenix. The hubby has been in contact with someone up there for a while, but the person who does the interviewing has been on vacation, but he was asked if he could make it up there for an interview next week, so we should know more then.

The other option is a little more radical: Border Patrol. Today they opened up applications for the Northern border, which really wasn't where he (nor I) wanted him to do BP, but he went ahead and applied and has a test date for August 24th in Idaho. Yes, 1200 miles was the closest testing station for the northern BP. We're hoping the Phoenix job, or a different one opens up for him and we don't have to make our way that far just to test. Another downer -- the training schedule. It would require 5 months basic training in New Mexico, 15 months on the job training in the southern border, and then finally going to your job on the northern border, which we requested Eastern New York/Vermont.

In all honesty, I hope the Phoenix job works out. It's very affordable to live there, and the job pays well. And there is a hockey team near by, which isn't a necesity, but a definite plus.

I would like to apologize for my extended absence from blogging. My computer was sent in to be repaired three weeks ago and I usually get on my hubbys' computer every morning for a bit, but haven't even logged in here for a week or so. Anyway, that's all the updates I have for now. Hopefully I'll have good news soon!

1 comments:

Kelsey

I've missed your blogging friend. Actually, I've just missed you. A whole month already? That's crazy. Something will work out for Jenry soon, just hang in there.