Monday, July 20, 2009

Sleepy Head!

Since we made our move out west, I have been going to sleep fairly early (for me), usually being in bed by 12 or 1am (like I said, early for me) while my husband stays up until 3 or 4am. But tonight my husband went to bed at 9pm. If you know me or my husband, which I assume you do if you're reading this, then you know that bedtime is almost unheard of for him. What on earth could possibly make a night owl so tired? Spelunking. No, I didn't just make up some random word, my husband embarked on an adventure today called spelunking. Why it can't be called cave exploring, I haven't the slightest, perhaps because it just sounds cooler. But he didn't just walk through a cave, he climbed the inside of a completely pitch black cave with a headlamp on his forehead. Judging by the cuts and scratches on his arms and hands, spelunking doesn't appear to be for the average person. He asked me if I would like to go sometime. Aside from the obvious danger, I am pretty claustrophobic and really want no part in this activity. And even though it's not for me, I'm glad he got to go -- he's wanted to for a while. Now if I could just talk him out of urban spelunking.

Before I head to bed, here's a small update on life. The hubby had an interview on Friday and we're waiting to hear back from the company. He was also contacted by a UAV company for a job in Maryland. We're really hoping the Phoenix job works out, hopefully we'll know more tomorrow. Even if he doesn't get it, I am so proud of him for doing well on the interview because he is pretty shy and he was very nervous! Fingers crossed!

0 comments: