Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fingers Crossed

My fingers have been crossed since Friday when my husband had a job interview with AAI Corporation, which is a UAV company which the Army has contracts with. The interview seemed to go great, and it really sounded like the hubby pretty much had the job. He was supposed to have another interview over the phone today with the human resources division of the company (based in Maryland) at 10am, but they never called, which pissed me off to be honest. I'm hoping it was just some clerical error and we'll hear something soon. The hubby is supposed to call the guy who interviewed him on Thursday if he hasn't called him by then.

I really hope this works out. I have been looking at houses out here, and while they're not my dream homes, I have found quite a few that I really like. If the hubby does indeed get this job, he'll be making almost double what he did while enlisted, so we can do things we've been wanting, for starters a house, secondly: getting the hubby the dog he's always wanted (we've decided on a german shepherd).

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, but being true to my zodiac, I'm a dreamer, a hoper, a wisher, a seer of good things. My hubby tends to be pessimistic, which maybe a better way to look at things, but for right now, my hopes are high.