Saturday, April 25, 2009

Getting Out.

Yesterday, my husband didn't have to work and I only had one class, so we decided to take advantage of the military walk-in policy at the Nashville USCIS instead of waiting for his actual appointment on the 30th. We got there without getting lost, thanks to my Garmin. I love that thing, let me tell you, but that's for another blog, another day. So anyway, he got his fingerprints or biometrics as the government likes to call it, and now we're just waiting for him to have his interview date, and hopefully he'll be a citizen in no time!

After that was done, we decided to hit up Opry Mills since my hubby has never been there. Aside from going to and from the airport, in the 3 1/2 years we've lived here, he's never been to Nashville. Granted 2 years of his time here has actually been spent in Iraq, he still hadn't been. We didn't buy much, just a few books, some video games, and I bought a dress from American Eagle. Don't ask me how I managed to fit into a small, but I did. It's actually very cute & comfy and I think I'm going to wear it on Monday. We actually needed to buy new sneakers for the hubby, since he burnt his in a campfire during a fishing trip, but we weren't able to find anything he liked.

After three hours of walking around Opry Mills, we were pretty hungry. The hubs really wanted to try 'The Aquarium', and after browsing the menu, I thought it sounded good. I should've been prepared for the overpricing of the menu, but I wasn't and was shocked to see the most everything on the menu was $18+. After my shrimp scampi, his salmon, and 2 salads & soft drinks, our total was $68 (with tip). It's okay though, because it really was his first time to Nashville, so he's allowed to act a little like a tourist :] After dinner, we made our way home and of course the hubs fell asleep on the drive home (he does this frequently, haha). We both crashed pretty early that night, around midnight, which is our weeknight bedtime, not our weekend one.

I just had a wonderful day with my husband, outside our home, and I loved every minute of it!