Monday, April 13, 2009

There Goes That.

On Friday, the Predators regular season ended and I'm sad to say, there will be no playoffs this year. I wanted them to make the playoffs more for myself than for anyone else, as I am moving this summer and won't be able to attend games anymore, so I wanted them to make the playoffs just so I could attend a few more games. Oh well, we gave it a good go and I have no regrets about this season.

I spent this past weekend in Michigan. My sister, my step-mom, and I threw a baby shower for my other sister who is about 8 months pregnant with a boy. I had a really good time hanging out with my family, especially my sister who I hadn't seen for almost a year.

My husband submitted his application for naturalization a few weeks back and we received a letter stating they have his paperwork and that they'll contact us within 365 days to set up his interview. Yeah, you read right -- there's possibility we may not hear anything for a year. I checked the Memphis ISCIS website, and they are currently processing applications submitted in June 2008. So yeah, who knows. He has joined a few job search websites and made profiles on them, and we're basically waiting to hear anything. Our last resort is for him to apply for a DoD job. I really don't like our last resort, but I guess that's what most last resorts are like.

As for me, I am still going to school and attempting to keep my sanity in this rather scary and nerve wracking time. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Kelsey

I'm sorry the Preds didn't make the playoffs friend. I know you really wanted it and I wanted it for you just because I knew you'd be leaving. :(
But regardless of where you and Jenry end up, I'll find a way to get there and we'll go see some hockey together.

Ashley

Leo and I were just talking about the Preds season ending. Sorry friend :(
That really blows that it's taking Jenry's interview THAT long. I'll be praying that things fall into place quickly for the two of you. I miss you so much.