Monday, August 10, 2009

Intelligender.

So today Alexis (my roommate & friend, who's 16 weeks pregnant) were sitting around when she got a call from her sister telling her she needed to go to Walgreen's and buy the Intelligender Baby Gender Predictor Kit. Emily (her sister) had seen it used on the show Kendra! the night before and said it was only $35. We had seen a similar product before, but it was $100 or something. We immediately went to Walgreen's only to find they were out and wouldn't be getting a shipment until Wednesday. They did however have paternity test home kits, which I found comical :] Since we had no luck at Walgreen's, we decided to try KMart since it was right across the street, but again no luck. After that, we decided to give up and just wait till Wednesday. Alexis called Emily to let her know, and Emily asked if we had a CVS. I had completely forgot about the CVS in town, so we hopped right back in the car and went to CVS, where we finally came across some luck and bought the kit. On a side note, CVS has keycard thing for discounts, which I didn't know, and so I got one of those too.

The kit itself looked complicated. You pee in the cup provided, extract 20ml with the syringe provided, then pour it into a cup with crystals, swirl it around for 10 seconds, and then wait to find out the sex. Murky green for boy, pee yellow for girl. Alexis' showed boy, but then again it is only 90% accurate. So even if it's wrong, it was a fun thing to do.

I'm not pregnant, but the hubby and I have decided that when we do concieve, we're not going to find out the gender. I really want my first one to be a surprise. I know it will be hard and I will be so anxious, I think it will make it really exciting.

1 comments:

Sarah

I'm not pregnant either but I am in NO WAY finding out the gender...ever, for any kid I have. I will even be afraid to look at the ultrasound because I wouldn't want to see something that tips me off...