Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When Your Back is Turned.

If you didn't know, my husband and I are currently living with one of his good friends and his wife. They offered to let us stay here rent free until the hubby got a job. Now, we're not moochers, we pay for 1/2 the food and all that. We offered to give them money for rent, but they said no. Last week, they got their electric bill (the 2nd one since we've been here) and it was like $250 or something. Apparently they weren't expecting that much of an increase. I offered right then and there to give them money for the bill, but they again said no, so I didn't think anything of it. My husband happens to be really good friends with Alexis' sisters husband and he called last night to talk to the hubby. Apparently, she was bitching to her sister about how the increase in the electric bill was our fault, since we stay up later than them and use the light and have the TV on. My husband didn't tell me about this conversation because he knew I'd be fuming. Well, when he told me about it this morning, I almost lost it. I sort of had a feeling they wanted us to pay for some of it when Tyler came home this afternoon saying he was going to get a second job to pay for the electric bill. I thought he was kidding, but apparently not. It just really irritated me that she went behind my back to talk about it, and then blamed it all on us. First of all, my husband worked on generators in the Army and knows quite a bit about electricity and the way it works. There is no way that 1 light and a TV could cause such an increase. The likely culprit? The fact that they leave their a/c on 70 all day and night when it's 100+ degrees out. I mean common sense tells me, if it's getting hotter and your keeping your a/c on the same temperature, it's going to take more energy to keep the house cool. Right? So I went to the bank, took out $100, and gave it to them. Whatever, how hard is it to ask? I would've had no problem, but when you talk shit behind my back, I don't appreciate it.

Another reason why this irks me? Tyler lived with us for a year and he paid $200 a month and helped with groceries. When he proposed, he bought a huge ring and then told me he couldn't pay the $200, and would have to go down to $100. He told us when we moved in here that we could stay for free because he owed us from that. I also buy random things for them. I bought that stupid baby test -- $40, and other random things, like the $75 dinner we paid for when the hubby got his job.

My bff Kelsey is coming to stay with us in October and we plan to be out of their apartment by then. Well, it was also said she thought it was rude I invited my friend out here when we might not have a house by then. I guess she thought my friend would end up staying here with them and us. Uh, I don't think so. If we can't buy a house soon, then we'll rent. And if it came down to it, I'd put Kelsey up in a hotel and I'd stay there with her. I would never just invite someone into their house. Seriously! So what did we do today? We went to the a realtor office to get the ball rolling. He told us that they usually like to have 2 or 3 pay stubs before they do all the loan stuff, but he was a realtor and not a mortgage broker. So he made us an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10am to talk with one. If anything, we can atleast get the ball rolling on our VA loan. And perhaps his offer letter with his salary can help us.

Sorry for such a long blog, but I was so furious today and found it hard to bite my tongue and not say anything. Living here was going well, but now I feel hurt and anger toward someone who I thought was so nice. So now I'm just going to be cordial and try to get the hell out of here.

5 comments:

Kelsey

Ok first of all, WTF? There is no way I would have stayed in their apartment. That would have been rude. Honestly, I had already considered the thought of y'all not having a place, and I had looked at money accordingly. Now that I'm thinking about it, you didn't really invite me out there, I kinda did it myself. Sorry bout that. lol Try to grin and bear it for now. God willing, you guys will have your own house soon, and it will be amazing. And if you need me to, I can poop on their windshield when I come in October. :)
I love you friend!

Sarah

Why can't people just be honest and have some flippin' tact. Why is it so hard for people to either keep their mouths shut or have a civilized ADULT conversation? My guess is that this woman is a drama lover. She must be bored and have nothing else to do. It also reminds me of the time I lived with two guy friends, both HUGE pot heads. My rent was raised $25/ month but I felt like every cent I paid was going to support their habit. Ugghh. Good Luck with the house and all :)

Lindsey

Sorry hun- that sucks. Mixing money and friends always seems to lead to a stick situation. That's why no matter how much I love someone they ain't living with me...I'm just not that nice. I can't even handle house guests for a week.

Ashley

I feel so sad that you have a new bff :(

Anyhow, Tyler sucks. He always has. Thankfully he's letting you live there for the time being, but living with friends is always going to hurt someone in the end. And both times it's been you. How dare he think you're taking advantage of him and Alexis? How fucking dare he? Out of all that effin' BAH he got when he lived with you and Jenry and he only paid $100 fucking dollars? Please. He could of kept that money for all the difference it didn't make with everything.

Hopefully you get your new place soon - whether it's you renting or owning. Anything is better than living with moochers who don't understand shit.

Anonymous

Sorry you had a crappy day :) Hopefully you and your hubs will be able to find a place soon so that you can get out of that situation.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!