Monday, March 16, 2009

Back to Reality.

Today was the first day of classes after Spring Break last week, and needless to say, it was an unwelcome return to the daily grind. I actually had a fabulous Spring Break, even though I didn't do much of anything. I saw Bestie a few times, which was really nice actually, I miss being able to hang out all the time. I also celebrated my 25th birthday on Friday the 13th. Hubby had the day off, so we did some shopping and had a nice lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We actually ventured out to purchase my birthday present, a new Coach bag I had been eying, but it wasn't at the PX when we got there. I may still purchase one from the mall or when I go home for Easter, but I'm in no rush. With it being a costly purchase, I like to make sure I buy one I really like, and not one just to have one. So even though I didn't get that gift, I got some other great ones. Kelsey got me a Legwand t-shirt which I couldn't find all season, Jenn gave me a puck signed by Legwand that she won at a game, Ashley got me the sweetest Willow Tree figurines, and I got money/gift cards from my parents, sister, and Grandma.

It's hard to believe that I am actually 25! I remember thinking when I was younger, all the things I'd do by the time I was 25, and I haven't done any of them. I have no children, which is something I thought I'd have by now, and honestly, I'm not even disappointed that I don't! I am a firm believer that things will happen when they are supposed to, I am not interested in doing crazy things to conceive. If it happens, I will welcome it, if it doesn't, it's not meant to be.

Well, this blog took a totally different route than I planned. I'm 25 and even though life isn't how I expected, it's a million times better than I could ever have hoped for.

2 comments:

Ashley

I was so glad to be able to see you and spend some time with you <3! And I'm glad to hear you had a good SB :)

I'm going to be tagging you in a couple of blogs soon. Be on the lookout!

Lindsey

Glad you had a good spring break - just remember only about 6 weeks left until the end of the semester!

Enjoy 25 - was a good year for me....definitely felt more grown up. You're a quarter of a century now and 30 is just around the corner, but don't worry I'll always be older :)