Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Hate This Part Right Here.

Today, I went to my best friends house for probably the last time. I had to get mine and my husbands bikes that she so graciously allowed us to keep in their shed for the past 2 years. We hung out for a little bit, talking about people like we normally do. I left when the moving people came to do her home inspection before they packed her house on Thursday. It didn't really hit me until I was driving home how different everything will be in a few short weeks. Now, I will see her again, she's going to stay with her parents for a few weeks until they make their final move, but today felt like the beginning of the end. Someone who has been an important part of my life for the past three years, is leaving. We both knew it was inevitable, one of us would leave, if not her now, me this summer. But it doesn't make it any easier. When our husbands were deployed, we had each other. She was my family during those trying times, and no matter who else we befriended, in our hearts, we were still each others number one. Since she's had a child, and our husbands returned from war again, out friendship had changed, but in so many ways, we're still those young 20 & 22 year old smoking menthols on the back porch, sharing dreams, making fun of each other, and holding on tightly to one another, looking to the future. I know wherever we both go, we will make new friends, we'll have new best friends, but we'll still hold onto what we had here. She will always be one of my closest and best friends. I love you Mrs. Amazing ;]

2 comments:

Lindsey

I agree it totally sucks that A's moving! Deployments and friends moving away are the biggest downfalls of the military lifestyle. I vote for a fabulous "threesome" date out before she heads out of town - let's get some plans in action!

Ashley

I thought I responded to this yesterday!

Thank you Bestie :) You know I love you and am really, really going to miss you and all our fun times together. I guess the best part about us being friends is that no matter how much time we spend apart, every time we spend together we pick right up where we left off. I wish I could take you with me. But I wouldn't want to wish LA on anyone :)

<3