Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not So Grand.

A few weeks ago, Kelsey and I were selected to play in a commercial break game at the Predators game. I won the game and two tickets to see Josh Turner and Carrie Underwood at the Grand Ole Opry. I of course asked Kelsey to go with me since we were both in the game, she however had plans to go to Philly to see the Predators play that day. So then I asked Bestie to go, but she had to cancel last minute. At this point, I was running out of friends to ask. I decided to ask Alexis, she is my husband best friends wife and her sister just moved away, so I knew she was probably lonely, and I really like her.
So we drove to Nashville, and spent 15 minutes trying to find a parking spot. It was a nightmare with so many people at Opry Mills and at the opry house. Anyways, we finally got into the Opry and bought some drinks and sat down in our seats, which were really good seats. The seats however, we not single seats, it was bench seating. Which was fine, but a little strange. Now the show itself is broken down into 4 half hour segments, with most performers singing one song, and most of the people on stage were old and wearing sparkly outfits. Josh Turner sang in the second segment, but only sang 2 songs! It was kind of a let down. Carrie Underwood was the last performer and she sang a whopping 3 songs. And that was it! I appreciate the opry for its history, but it really just wasn't my scene. I sat in that seat for 2 hours to hear 5 songs. I can now say I've been to the Grand Ole Opry, but I can honestly say I have no desire to go back. Thank God the tickets were free!

3 comments:

Ashley

I'm sorry to have flaked friend && I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't that grand. The seating is weird! And narrow.

Lindsey

Good to know b/c the Grand Ole Opry is one place we haven't gotten to while living here. Now based on your experience I don't think it will be on my to-do list anytime soon. Like you said - at least the tickets were free :)

Meg

I went there once to see Ashlee Simpson perform.