Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kicking the Bucket.



So I decided to copy The To-Do List Queen with one of her lists she recently made: A Bucket List - or, things you'd like to do before you die. This is a short list, only 5, but alas, here are mine.

República Dominicana
I would love to travel to my husbands native country where he spent the first seven years of his life. I want to experience the culture, meet the people, eat the food, and gain a better understanding of where he came from.

Volunteer
I have volunteered before, but I would specifically like to volunteer for an animal shelter or rescue agency. If you know me, you know animals are very important to me.

Learn Spanish
I am well on my way, but I would like to become fluent in Spanish for my future children and so I can speak to my in laws. I think this would be a great accomplishment for me.

Tour Europe
There is so much history in Europe, I would love to go to Germany and the Czech Republic to learn more about my ancestry. I would love to see the Eifel Tower in Paris, Big Ben in London, and Stonehenge in the United Kingdom.

Summer Olympics
I love the Olympics, especially the Summer Games, and I would love to be able to attend sometime in my life.

This was actually pretty cool to think about, maybe I won't ever do any of these things, but it would be really neat and fulfilling to accomplish some of them during my life.

2 comments:

Lindsey

Love your list, too! I've been lucky enough to see Big Ben, Stonehenge, and the Effiel Tower when I was a kid, but I'd love to get back to Europe and check it all out again from my grown up eyes.

Ashley

I have something for you on my blog! Check 'er out!